Upload filter, product compatibility and my content // Blogging from A to Z

 Today marks one year of Upload Filter. It also marks one month of my gaming challenge. Coincidence?

Today GuruShots has streamed a photography exhibition in Melbourne, Australia. My photo was digitally exhibited.

My Exhibition Shot challenge



Today I also discovered that one of the games I used to play on Facebook, Jelly Splash, is only available on iOS. I don't keep up with each and every content and I don't want to. Once in a while I read about this or that company reducing itself to zero, and that my friends, happened before the COVID19. The pandemic is used as a pathetic excuse to live the day after tomorrow like we lived the day before yesterday; no change. No evolution. Nothing different. Where will this compatibility war lead to? Does the next game, software, website, product even make sence? I already feel like I have to buy iOS to use for example Jelly Splash, I have to use a computer to edit my photos in a specific way, but my android tablet to edit the other way. I need my mobile phone for calls and sms but I'd have to have whatsapp to call my relatives.

So it's either you have each and every product on the market or you have to be ok with limitations of your product of choice. Spoiler allert: Fine by me.

I remember it was like 10 years ago when I used my Nokia x2-01 for gaming, sms, phone calls and internet; I used it instead of a wristwatch. I wasn't afraid to save memos in my mobile phone, nobody could access my phone, even though I was online. I still use my phone, can you believe that? OK, the only cons of my mobile phone is indeed not being able to qualify for a photography contest with a 0.5 Megapixel and not having how to read e-books. I'm curious about the internet though. I haven't check how internet works on my mobile phone since ages, because I had my PC and my tablet for that. I remembr there weren't any pop-ups, lag, spam or clicking on the wrong pop-up to automatically spam your e-mail inbox with some random commercial or trojan viruses automatically installed in your pc for phishing purposes.

Streaming wasn't a problem either, we had tv for live shows and youtube for more content. We didn't consume each and every movie for its commercial. We knew what we liked and bought the movie (or the music album) and that's that.

Oh forget it. We didn't consume everything, that's what I'm saying. Limitations were ok. Frustrating sometimes, yes, but ok.

But yeah, let's hope for 5G... 😒 Can't count how many mobile devices will become obsolete because of it.

Writing this blog post I realize I feel relieved to have one game less to worry about. I like gaming. Anything from mind picking to speed driven or a good storyline. It's something to do when you can't read, write or photograph for a while. But the online or offline gaming of today has become a cold, uncompatible reality; the second lockdown.

No photo description available.
available as print

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EFIT 27. September

- Ett Foto I Timmen - (10.02)

Survive at least one month quarantined