Long hair vs. clothes

For me it's pretty common sense that I first do my hair, then I get dressed, undress then undo my hair before getting in the shower; simply because if I'd let my hair down while dressing/undressing, it'd wrap around my clothes and tangle badly. I'd risk damage untangling it.
Another plus is the freedom I have to work with my arms when I don't have a fluffy pullover.
Even a very long braid is more compact and manageable than 150k hair strands spread on at least half a meter in every direction possible (the minimum length where hair is seen as long. It's also the bra-strap-length mostly). So in summer when I take off the hair stick out of my bun, I still have my hair compacted - in a braid.
For people who think something like "how does she go to toilet with that hair?", I can safely say they lost the last bit of common sense. (Why don't they state the same thing about long nails though?).
Even before I found the long hair community I wrapped my armpit long hair in the ugliest beebutt before I got dressed or undressed.
In winter I like to flatten my buns with spin- and u-pins, so I can wear a tight beanie. Not even piercing my head trough a tight turtle neck can unravel my updo if it's pinned to stay (french braided updo base is the best).
Yes, there's a difference between going-bald tight updo and the LHC-version of a stable updo. Flattening your updo on a larger area of your head is the trick. By flattening I mean making an updo base that's spread on a larger area of your head. Wrap your braid around a french braid vs make a ponytail and wrap the rest of your hair around the ponytail base (don't fluff it!) The braided bun is much larger than the unpancaked bun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gaming challenge for Blogging from A to Z

EFIT 27. September

Spring Author Feature: Luisa H.