Does my scalp hates shampoo (now)?

I learned from the long hair community how shampoo strips scalp of natural oils, so sebaceous glands in my scalp produce more oils in order to keep hair naturally moisturised. Yes, scalp oils are actually a natural conditioner...
Anyway people fuss on greasy hair like it's not natural or something. My hair loves to get greasy and I love how my scalp relaxes after 4th day(!) of not shampooing.
Last time I shampooed was in summer, probably mid-July. What was on my mind 3 days ago?! I shampooed again. Why?! I don't know. I thought my hair needs a cleansing because I keep my hair too much in a beanie. Silly me I thought I should get rid of oily hair and have smooth hair instead... not.
Today is the 3rd day after washing and my scalp still produces oils like crazy and my ends are so fine, dry and fluffy I mostly finger combed my hair to not risk breakage. Although my hair doesn't feel greasy,  it definitely looks greasy. I tried to massage my scalp, to get rid of some sebum, but there is no sebum there. So where does the grease come from? I remember the feeling, it's the same after every shampooing back when I was still in my parents' home.
I start co-washing because I didn't like buying conditioner and shampoo. My hair felt good from my first co-wash so I continued. My hair felt smooth but it had a structure and I could do smooth braids and buns without breaking hairs. Sometimes I shampooed, once every week, then every two weeks, then less and less. I need less and less shampoo. Last year I usually needed a clarifying in winter and in summer. So naturally I thought this year will be just the case. After 2 weeks of not needing to wash my scalp and only conditioning my hair from collarbone to the ends, I thought it's autumn/winter again and I have to start with fresh scalp.
I usually alternate between co-wash and conditioning the length depending on how much moisture, protein or oils my hair needs.
Lesson learned for me: better to massage hair under the shower without shampoo, then co-wash as usual.
My thoughts on this lesson: is my method actually a milder clarifying? Does my hair/scalp actually hates clarifying (aka it produces more oils than usual)?
I can't help but remember how my family hates conditioner because "it weighs hair down" but shampoo twice to get rid of scalp oils.
Did my scalp hated harsh cleansers since I was born?
I also know how my family hates ponytails or buns because hair lays close to (oily) scalp. But they never thought about how harsh these modern beauty products are.
Now I'm waiting for my scalp to relax, to produce as much natural oils as usual, so my hair and scalp can get back to normal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EFIT 27. September

- Ett Foto I Timmen - (10.02)

Gaming challenge for Blogging from A to Z