Survive at least one month quarantined

Let's make it clear from the start: it's easy for a hermit to love being alone. Unfortunatelly I read in the news or my friends post how bored people in general are because they must drink coffee at home instead in a café.

Anyway, I challenged myself to blog and vlog my quarantine life for a month.
Documenting my lifestyle blog 😒
Today, 15.06.2020: I sleep a lot and I am glad I discovered sleep since the corona crisis. Corona crisis hit me like "the oncoming train" and I realized I missed sleeping a lot. It also made me realize those new consumerism stuff aren't that new anymore. They recyle old themes with a horn blasting sound and dazling visual effects but there's no soul in that movie or music video; so I go back in the 70's or 80's. I actually watched any Kaurismäki film I could find on youtube (planning to order a collection of movies by Kaurismäki). I listened to old rock 'n roll songs and honestly I felt instantly better. I feel good for the fact that I don't have to go outside except to buy food or something. I don't have to put up with insecurities other people deal with: I don't need a haircut, a perfume or specific clothes to just get out of my door.  After I blog a bit I will go on reading books. Oh snap! I forgot to post a review of the previous book I read. Who cares as long as I am healthy and safe? I can finally enjoy the time passing by instead of going mad over schedules.
Today, 16.06.2020: what I found out via Google makes me 😳😡. It's about the so-called no strings attached relationship. I mean what?! A relationship based on sex. That's it. Sex. No future, no love, no feeling, no emotion and definitely not falling in love. My heart bleeds! My heart bleeds love and needs certainty, safety and love, otherwise you could just as well rape me and let me die in pains. The fact that people can actually be involved in intimacy without developing feelings for their partner horrifies me. I'm so grateful for my loving husband.
PS: I forgot my camera at home, so here's a photo I made few years ago: Loneliness. 
17.06.20020: the reason why I don't blog regularily is because I don't feel like writing every little stuff I do. my birthday "party" was a wind of change between cosy kaurismäki films my husband ordered for me and trying to understand what my mom should have ask that post officer for whatever the reason was.
Speaking of Kaurismäki: when I read this article I was like "c'mon, finnish music can't be that melodramatic". I should have listened to Ville.
Yes yes yes
18-19.06.2020: I spend my days doing mostly less social media, more playing games and watching even more melancholic movies/short films on youtube. Why melancholia? Because I'm tired of how new american movies are creating a perfect world. Let's remind us that this world wasn't and will not be perfect. Let's just try to make it a better place - that's all.

20.06.2020: Movie recommendation: Copenhagen. Love between a teenager and an adult twice her age doesn't always have to end up in promiscuity.

21.06.2020: Youtube was like "nothing to see here, go watch a Kaurismäki film or read a book". Recommendation page was literally full of Brad Mondo's reacting like an idiot to some other idiots f*ckin' up their scalp with tones of chemicals in the name of generating clicks. Needless to say I didn't click on those videos right?

22.06.2020: sigh
How does it come that few days in a row Youtube recommends annoying barely longish hair to bleached and crappy looking hair makeover then a day with the ol' good rock 'n roll and nice ol' cat videos? Today I was on a binge listening the likes of Joe Bonamassa, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, Def Leppard, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Bon Jovi...
PS: Someone helped me with a song that was featured on a NTV commercial. Can't express in words how much I appreciate your help no matter if on Facebook, Twitter, my blog or Youtube. I'm usually quiet. I don't engage in chat forums or discord chats. Sometimes months passing until I write down something to let you know I'm still alive.
https://www.pixoto.com/images-photography/flowers/single-flower/wild-blue-flower-5535490892890112
buy on Pixoto
23.06.2020-27.06.2020: I spend my days sleeping a lot, listening to music and playing games.
28.06.2020: do trojan viruses rewrite/rescript a computer program? If so, antiviruses are practically worthless. Antiviruses don't rewrite a program, don't write another program for your computer. They just work as alarms and block websites. My computer seems to work when it wants to. Nothing logical in the fact that yesterday I could access the windows explorer twice in 5 hours and today it's working well. Not to mention that my computer restarted today like 5 times I guess. If only I had enough space to burn a usb stick and work on Linux only... and if only this graphic card would accept any Linux version I have for that matter.
29.06.2020: I got a Puppy Linux to work on our PC! Of course I can't do much with it because it's so old! It works just as well as a win '98. But it's good for checking out e-mails, minimal blogging and basic multimedia in general.
30.06.2020: I had an idea to switch between linux and windows to download windows and burn it on a DVD again... unfortunately after hours of losing my nerves trying to configure internet on windows and trying to understand why everything works fine on linux instead. If only web pages wouldn't require the latest flash media player though.
1.07.2020: hair care and length check day. I can't upload the picture though because my computer doesn't read the memory card.
I deserve to be lazy today. I lay in bed with  my hair coated in conditioner and wrapped in a towel, reading a book I won't review (personal choice), until I get tired, then I wash and air dry my hair without any product because I'm an LHCer.
2.07.2020: I spend my time as usual. Still losing it over my PC. 
3.07.2020: I went buying groceries and came back home as soon as I could. It takes more than 2 hours to come back home because I live in the suburbs.
4.07.2020: Normally I'd say greetings to any American follower on my social media accounts but today it felt like a bad joke to write something cute while America is dealing with bad times already. I spent my day watching the news and reading. I made progress and I can't wait to read further books from the trilogy.
5-10.07.2020: We decided to order a DVD multiburner because we need it. We take time though. Like we did it through these 5 days of doing nothing. Watching the news, sleeping a lot, Householding, a bit of social media as long as I can stand as a hermit, playing games and writing.
11.07.2020: Movies like "Wer Kollegen hat braucht keine Feinde", "Boiler Room" or "Hodejegerne" keep reminding me why I always hate working for a company. 
12-15: quarantined and Jim Jarmusch films on YouTube. Should I order another movie collection?
PS: I compare Corona seems to have more in common with the meningitis rather than HIV or Ebola. 
So you see, you can survive quarantine. Eat, sleep, quarantine, repeat.

Comments

  1. You have been very busy with your time, which is good, because it keeps your brain active

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THX Pip for your comment. Quarantining myself helps with curbing the paranoia while the number of cases skyrocket. It takes a crisis to make you realise you need to slow down and accept your true nature.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EFIT 27. September

- Ett Foto I Timmen - (10.02)

Gaming challenge for Blogging from A to Z