How much "shampoo" (conditioner) do I use?

I bought a shauma conditioner on Tuesday, 26th Nov, a 250ml bottle.
After my shampooing, my scalp returned back to normal, so I co-washed on 29th November.
9th of December: is not like my scalp or my hair need a wash, but I'm cold and a hot bath will do great. Co-wash/deep conditioning (kinda) is included. It's pampering time!
14th of December: we have a stormy, cold and rainy weather in my area. I can hear the wind like the wind effect in good ol' gothic rock songs. I'm tired and cold; and I needed a hot bath. Usually after 4 or 5 days I'd water and oil my ends, braid to lock in the moisture and I had perfect, conditioned hair. Ok, a bit stringy because of water and oils but it was manageable. Today I had to wash my hair because if my head is cold, my entire body is cold. I'm that sensitive.
I WCC'ed today, partly because my bottle of conditioner is almost empty and it wouldn't be enough for a co-wash, partly because I measured my ponytail circumference after a year. I learned how to comb even dry hair without breakage, but I chatted (on YouTube?) With LHC-er and youtuber Antonia about ponytail circumference and other things about hair and apparently I measured my ponytail circumference too tight. So I decided to measure in two ways:
1. After a WCC: because I started this way the first time I joined LHC, so I wanted to know exactly how much I gained in thickness and how much damage can a comb that "is ok" because mom says so for 20 years in a row.
My ponytail circumference after WCC: 9 cm (3,54")
2. After co-wash: because usually there are too many flyaways that cannot be catched in a ponytail.
My ponytail circumference after co-wash: 9 cm (3,54")
Also, remember that in order to get a good measurement of hair thickness, make sure that you have clean and freshly washed hair that has had plenty of time to dry!
It's difficult to measure my ponytail circumference because my hair compresses after half a minute if pressed tight in a scrunchie/hair elastic. Yes, my hair is that compressible! Co-wash gives it more grip, that shampoo doesn't. Strange though, because everywhere I read, they say shampoo cleanse buildup and conditioner plump the hair strands. Shampoo makes my hair flyaway-ish, while conditioner gives it a grip, a structure, it lays together on my scalp instead of being fuzzy all over the place. I'm not sure if I miss cone-y conditioners, because those made my hair straight and offered my hair a lot of grip at the same time.
I finished  my 250ml bottle of shauma conditioner on 5th Jan. 2020. It lasteed like a month with my classic length hair, without any washing routine. I washed as frequently as I felt like: once ever 5 to 15 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EFIT 27. September

- Ett Foto I Timmen - (10.02)

Gaming challenge for Blogging from A to Z