Can I train my mind and body to hate meat? GROSS PICTURES ALLERT!

We all know the thing about fridays for future. go vegan and boom! you save the planet. It may be true or not, I don't want your comments about this.
But one thing is sure about not eating meat anymore: every doctor agrees you'll live healthier without meat.
So how do you stop carving for meat?
I asked myself this question is I joined fridays for future. If I try to stop carving for meat I tend carving for sugar more; and if I try to stop eating cookies I carve for meat.
I played Pearl's Peril on facebook, level 48 - Cyprus where I saw a barbeque... in the game. Of course I had to think how much consume there was in 1930, when modernism was just fresh in the high society and how today we have to live like in the biblical times where meat was difficult to hunt and consume at a large scale.
I'm going furthrer with my imagination while playing this game and I remember how much I hated when my grandma wanted to buy meat from the butchery. It's not the smell but it was how meat was presented at the time (mid 90's to 2k). I tried not to vomit... until it was all cooked in a hot soup, then I made myself forget those bones and meat and er... blood. Yes, I made myself forget it, because I was conditioned to eat whatever was cooked and not be as bad as other kids (whoever they were).
the only one left before the change
After 2000 (I can't remember the exact year), regulations on food in shops were implemented and such gross presentation of food was nowhere to see.
So I either have to keep this gross part of my childhood in my mind everytime I want to eat meat, save it on my tablet so no one else sees it or print it and keep it in my side of the kitchen table and hope my husband doesn't see it. Ikes! There is also this blog of course; or google for that matter.
I have to take my mind off meat somehow!

It was yesterday and today in the morning when I felt a sudden hunger for hot dog sausages, I was almost crying, carving 😭, like I was a smoker! And I am not even at least interested in ciggs. Umami is real and plays havoc with our hormones.
In the end I took a deep breath and drank another cup of tea.
I could always print a nice photo with some fresh fruit and veggies. Even my husband wouldn't get grossed by such beauties.
I'll also blog about how my new life without meat goes, lifestyles of the past without meat and some romanian religion and culture regarding food without meat. And no, I am not a religious person.
ETA: I can always buy the vegan version of non-vegan products. They're about the same price as the normal products but difficult to reach if you're short-legged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EFIT 27. September

- Ett Foto I Timmen - (10.02)

Gaming challenge for Blogging from A to Z